Friday 26 August 2011

Week 12 - All around the world

Hello all! Josie here! Before I go on to my theme for this week, Steph has added the winners from last week below.

And our winners from last weeks 'Sketch' challenge are as follows in order.
1. Helen
2. Deanne
3.Dee


Congratulations people. Please contact Steph on PepperyApple@Gmail.com to collect your prize/badge.

Right, now I was thinking about my cards this week and I thought, I tend to stick to the same colours for people, similar colour backgrounds. Although they are lovely, where is the excitement? 
After all... that's why we are all different, because the world would be a boring place if everything and everyone was the same! So for this weeks challenge, I want to see projects and images that are inspired or come from different cultures and countries "all around the world"! What is the best place you have visited or studied? For example your inspiration could be from colours of clothing from national dress etc. The world is your oyster! I can't wait to see what you all produce! ~Josie xx

Our Sponsor this week is the lovely PoodlesDoodles!



Here are our lovely DT projects

Josie: Like Jacqui H I too went with the Native American Theme, When I saw this stamp from Magnolia, I knew I had to do it. I have always had a fascination with Native Americans and their culture. I wanted to add something authentic and the background image is from google. I knew when I saw it that my stamped image had to be subtle to match the colours. So I coloured it using Letraset Aqua Markers. I added some rainbow miri card for a bit of shimmer, some feathers to match her headband and a lovely little butterfly charm to finish it off.



Steph: I thought I'd go for the Geisha type of thing this week. I'm not really one for pinks and yellow but I didnt want to use the typical reds and oranges for a chinese theme.
The pink and yellow card is from my own stash, the papers are by Pink Petticoat, the ribbon and flowers are from my own stash also. The butterfly is by nestibilities which I glittered up on the wings. The Girl image, coloured with promarkers, and sentiment I saved from Google images. Quite a cute little budget card really.  All held together by pinflair. And Voila!!





Jacqui H: For this card I used the Native American Dream Catcher idea. I used all KanBan from a kit I bought a while ago. Hope you like.



Helen: My card has been made for my friend, Nicoletta, who is currently on holiday in her homeland of Italy.  I know that she will be really upset to come home and leave her parents behind, so this card is to bring a little bit of Italy to her!
The base paper is from Melissa Frances' 5th Avenue, and the Leaning Tower of Pisa image is from an Etsy store owned by Sabrina Zanetti, and mounted onto a piece of chipboard that has been painted with Ranger's Lake Mist Paint Dabber and stamped over with a crackle stamp from Creative Expressions.  I've added some Glossy Accents to the roses, too.  The words have been stamped using an alphabet stamp set from Studio G.  They have then been dipped in Lake Mist and Stream alcohol inks and edged with a Krylon gold leafing pen to make them 'pop'.
Looking forward to seeing all of your creations this week! xx


Jacqui M: For this weeks theme of All Around The World, I decided to go with Paris and my love of Coffee lol. I have used the Free Papers from an old issue of Making Cards Magazine, they are designed by Nikki Hall of the Fabulous Polka Doodles. I Cased a card she did in the magazine, I changed a few things on it. The Polka Dot Buttons and Bakers Twine are from The Ribbon Girl.

Close Up Of The Image

Shelby:  Thank you so much for stopping by today! I decided to go with the whole world theme instead of picking one culture or one country.  I picked up this too cute of a stamp called World Civics 101 by Little Darlings to use for this challenge.  I paired him up with some October Afternoon paper called Boarding Pass which I thought went perfectly with the challenge.  The sentiment "where in the world" is from Jillibean Soup.






****


****







2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for choosing me as one of the winners!!! I'm ecstatic about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops...please delete this comment. I meant to leave it in another post.

    ReplyDelete